Saturday, July 18, 2009

See This Flick!

Okay, let's just expose the food industry for what it is-an INDUSTRY! I am so fed up with the food industry in our nation. While I shop mostly at health food stores, I do occasionally run into my local supermarket for a few items. And I will give them credit for introducing more organic produce and healthy products, but I just cannot believe, as I walk up and down the isles, that I am surrounded by so many items that are NOT food.

Food is real. We were never meant to eat super high-processed, high-sugar, genetically modified, or MSG/other chemically poisoned food. Did I just say poison? Yeah, I did. The truth is-many people aren't aware of what they are putting in their bodies. We need a dictionary to read half the ingredient list. With an alarming rise in obesity, diabetes, ADD, heart disease...need I go on?...in our country, I hope people will start to ask questions, to demand answers and accountability, to read labels.

Here's the thing...I could really keep ranting and raving about what frustrates me, but I am just going to recommend a movie. I have not had the opportunity to see this film because I cannot find it showing in my area, but I am truly looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD. Here is a clip from Food Inc., a very important and relevant film for us all. Please, please, please, go see this film. It is my hope that it will educate, inspire, and enlighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment