Friday, July 24, 2009

Yummy Fish Tacos


I realize that I did not display my best photography skills here, but I had to include a pic. Tonight I made Mahi Mahi fish tacos with a spicy cream sauce and fresh pineapple salsa. Here is a very informal recipe.

Ingredients

Mahi Mahi fillets
Sprouted Grain Tortillas
Grapeseed Oil
Cherry Tomatos
Miso Mayo
Veggennaise
Avocado
Fresh or Canned Pineapple
Serrano or other pepper
Cilantro
Baby Spinach
Pepitas

1. Pan grill Mahi Mahi fillets in a little grapeseed oil. Season to your liking. I like to mix a little sea salt and garlic with cayenne pepper to spice things up. Did you know that cayenne speeds up your metabolism?

2. Soften tortillas in a pan with a little oil or water. Try Ezekiel taco sized tortillas. Super healthy. (Hint: a little water makes them more pliable)

3. Cream Sauce: take one part Miso Mayo spicy pepper spread to one part Vegennaise (or mayonnaise or heavy cream if you must) and stir.

4. Pineapple salsa: Chop desired amounts of tomato, pineapple, serrano or jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Mix together.

5. Assemble tacos with fish, cream sauce, avocado, baby spinach. Top it off with pineapple salsa and a few pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for added fiber.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I was salivating. I love fish tacos and maybe, just maybe, through your inspiration I'll give it a try one day. Great job Audrey - you truly are a beautiful, multi-talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete