Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Be Kind To Tender Tushies!

Our daughter has been potty-trained for over a year now...phew! I don't miss the frequent diaper changes, but they are not far from my memory. Let's face it. Poopey diapers are quite a mess. When I became a mommy, I did my research on baby products, wanting only the best for our little one. When I read the ingredients in the most popular brands of baby wipes, I was disappointed to find so many added chemicals.

I have tried several natural brands of wipes over the past few years, but my favorite are Whole Food's brand 365. They are natural, very emollient, and the least expensive I've found. They are hypo-allergenic, unscented, and whitened without chlorine bleach. While others seem to dry out a while after opening, 365 wipes are "sudsy". They really get the job done. We still use baby wipes for cleaning a little tushie in the morning after being in a night-time diaper. We also have them handy in the car. You never know when you might need one for a quick sticky-finger clean up!

For little ones who have graduated to the potty (and for anyone else with a sensitive tush), I recommend Tender Care flushable wipes. They are soft and gentle, and unlike other flushable wipes, they do not contain harsh chemicals. Alcohol-Free, hypoallergenic, with Vitamin E & Aloe, they are the only natural, flushable wipes I have found. Having these handy made my little one's transition out of diapers a little eaier on both of us! My only complaint would be that they are a bit small. These might be a good thing to bring on camping trips or other outdoor excursions. I have yet to find these here in Hawaii, so I stock up when on the mainland, at either Whole Foods or Mother's Market-a wonderful chain of natural stores in sunny Orange County, California.
Here's to cute little happy heinies!

1 comment:

  1. great recommendation:) So happy to be in an all potty trained house!

    ReplyDelete