One of my little one's favorites is pizza. She loves to help me assemble mini pizzas, just the right size for little hands. I like to keep things simple most of the time. For a quick lunch or dinner, I can easily throw these together with whatever ingredients I have handy. Here is a recipe for quick and easy, healthy kid pizza.
Sneaky Spinach and Olive Pizza
Ezekiel Sprouted whole grain hamburger buns or English muffins
Organic ketchup (or marinara sauce)
Organic shredded cheese or cheese substitute
Organic baby spinach leaves
1. Chop the baby spinach into very tiny pieces.
2. Spread about 1 tsp chopped spinach on half a bun or muffin.
3. Top with desired amount of ketcup or marinara.
4. Sprinkle plenty of cheese to fully cover any trace of green.
5. Add sliced olives
6. Bake or broil until cheese melts and bread browns.
7. Slice in half or quarters.
Voila'! Super easy. Quite a healthy little pizza. Use whatever ingredients you've got. Sometimes we add sliced turkey meat from the deli. The key is to use something your kid(s) really enjoys to distract from the spinach. You may have guessed that my Phoebe loves olives. She would eat a whole can if I let her.
Here's to healthy kids!