Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not Just A Cow

Tis' the season for giving, right? For sharing with others. Few people have been untouched by the current situation with our economy. I know we have had our struggles. But despite that, when I look at situations elsewhere, across the globe, I am so grateful that I still live with great abundance in comparison. We have been richly blessed and I strive to instill this truth in my little one's heart all year long, but especially during the holiday season. Is is just holiday tradition? Or is that this time of year causes us all to come together? Whatever it is, the older I get, the more I enjoy the giving part. How about you?

Each year, my daughter helps me pick out items to put in our boxes for
Operation Christmas Child, we collect food for local food drives, and her favorite...putting change in the bucket as a volunteer rings, and rings, and RINGS that bell. I am glad she enjoys helping others. And when I come across another way to get involved and make a difference in others' lives, I want to check it out. Then I want to tell others all about it.

This morning I received information from
Crosswalk.com that grabbed my attention. If you are looking for ways to make a difference that lasts, please take a look at this short video clip from Heifer International. I wanted to embed it here, but it was not an option. So click HERE to see how one cow (yes, I said cow) can change many, many, many lives.

Here's to the gift of giving, and here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment