Wednesday, December 1, 2010

About My Last Post

Okay, I am going to write a little disclaimer in reference to my last post, Not Just a Cow. As soon as I hit "publish", I knew I might get a few interesting responses. I got an anonymous comment (which I chose not to publish) addressing the mistreatment of animals, the killing of animals, etc. Ultimately, there was a link attached advocating a vegan lifestyle.

I absolutely agree, that there are problems with the food industry, and for many, a vegan lifestyle is the healthiest choice. I, however, believe that you can still eat meat and be healthy...and you can do it responsibly, by choosing grass-fed beef, free-range chicken, etc, etc, that are humanely treated. This is not an area I choose to debate on this blog. My previous post is about an organization that is trying to help people in severe poverty and hunger change their lives, with the milk, not the meat, of a cow.

That being said, and clarified, I pray that no one is offended by my post. I believed it to be information worth sharing...so I shared it.

Here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment